Complimentary and Integrative Medicine — Hale Lea’s approach
Integrative medicine puts the patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. Employing a personalized strategy that considers the patients unique conditions, needs and circumstances, it uses the most appropriate interventions from an array of scientific disciplines to heal illness and disease and help people regain and maintain optimum health.
In addition to addressing the individual’s immediate health problem(s) as well as the deeper causes of the disease or illness, integrative medicine strategies also foster the development of healthy behaviors and skills for effective self-care that patients can use throughout their lives.
A growing body of evidence suggests that integrative medicine can successfully address –and to some extent alleviate–many troubling aspects of our current healthcare crisis by helping to provide effective, safe and cost effective treatments as well as preventing future disease and fostering overall wellness. Moreover, integrative medicine holds special promise for reducing the burden of chronic illness on individuals and their families, and on the healthcare system.
The defining principles of integrative medicine are:
- The patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration.
- The care addresses the whole person, including body, mind, and spirit in the context of community.
- Practitioners use all appropriate healing sciences to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
- Because good medicine is based in good science, integrative medicine is inquiry-driven and open to new models of care.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Care is individualized to best address the person’s unique conditions, needs, and circumstances.
Providers at Hale Lea Medicine take integrative care seriously.
Regularly attending national seminars in subjects as diverse as integrative oncology, gastroenterology, neuro-immunology, endocrinology, biotransformation and detoxification, women’s health, and a host of other disciplines, as well as continuing their education in modern allopathic healthcare, Hale Lea’s medical providers strive to provide our community with the highest quality of healthcare possible.
North Shore Wellness Center
Visit the community’s new state of the art North Shore Wellness Center providing Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Mental Health, Acupuncture, Nutrition, Massage and Ayurveda